Saturday, December 23, 2006

All I want for Christmas..

I came home to Toronto, to find that home, is no longer home. I've realized that my sense of home, was Dad. But he's no longer with us, and neither is home. This is our first Christmas without him. I'm not going to lie, it is miserable. It is so empty and I just want the holidays to be over with...NOW. A friend of mine recently lost his dad to cancer. He said that we are not allowed to cancel Christmas: "Christmas isn't cancelled. Our dads wouldn't want that." I know he's right, but it is going to take a lot of wine and chocolate to get me through this one.

*30 minutes later*

Ok, so i've had some wine and a few pieces of chocolate and I am brimming with holiday spirit - literally. I feel a bit better.

Merry Christmas everyone. May Santa be good to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

Hey I'm a lurker...I saw your blog listed on Arch's blog and since I'm also a Vanessa and have been in Cardiff many times (family's Welsh) I was intrigued. I also lost my dad, a year and a half ago (is this getting creepy?) and when I read about your christmas i just wanted to give you a big hug, even though I've never met you! Grieving is personal, and yeah totally agree that you can't know what someone else is going through. Hope your Christmas turned out okay and you're back to enjoying Cardiff!

January 2, 2007 at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home